Here at Storage Made Easy we can quite often get involved in helping a customer clone, or move, their data from one storage provider to another. This is often a one time operation, and we have a number of in-house apps and scripts that we are able to use but today I’d like to discuss a third party free solution called Rclone.by
FileBox is a feature that enables files to be emailed, from any standard email client, directly into any FileBox nominated folder, or shared team folder.by
** This post is and old post. Amazon Cloud Drive is no longer supported by the File Fabric due to Amazon restricting API accessby
Update Feb 14 2016: Amazon Cloud Drive is now a supported cloud provider for personal cloud users see: https://blog.storagemadeeasy.com/amazon-cloud-drive-is-now-available-to-sme-personal-cloud-users/
Amazon have made some changes on access to their Cloud Drive which means that we will no longer be able to support this as a Cloud Provider as they do not wish external systems to interact with the data contained.
Existing users of this provider are likely to find that they will no longer be able to access their files using this provider. The Amazon Cloud Provider will remain as part of an account until it is removed. It will not be then accessible and it will not be accessible from new accounts from today.
If Amazon change their policy on this then we will re-introduce it.by
As part of the platform update I blogged about in the last post we have have released a new HTML5 App for BlackBerry Playbook, that is optimised for webkit browsers.
It is able to access, unify, and manage clouds from over 35 Cloud Storage and SaaS services. It supports upload, where webkit browsers enable access to the file system, such as the Playbook and the Android, and it supports url generation for files, managed file sharing by expiry, as well as cross cloud search.
We also put together a short video to demonstrate how it works.
The Mobile App can be found at http://storagemadeeasy.com/mobile
As per the numerous requests we have had, we have now updated our CloudFTP product to also work with FTPS. This update enables all existing users and any new users to take access of secure Cloud FTP into Clouds that are mapped to their account that do not natively support FTP, such as for example, Amazon S3, Google Docs, Google Sites, DropBox etc.
The ports that you require are:
FTPES – port 21
and the host is storagemadeeasy.comby
We’ve updated our Linux Cloud Tools to version 3.06. The main changes are:
1. Fixed issue with CPU loading
2. Added support for Ubuntu 11.04
3. Added support for EU Server
Remember that the Tools are free for no business use and compose a Cloud Drive, Sync Tooling and a graphical Cloud File manager.by
The SMEStorage Cloud File Manager for Windows Phone 7 has been approved and is now available on the Windows Marketplace. It has all the features you would expect from a SMEStorage client, including:
– Ability to aggregate Clouds into a virtual Cloud File System to be manage from Your Windows 7 Phone
– Clouds supported: Amazon S3, Amazon Cloud Drive, Google Docs, Google Storage, Google Sites, RackSpace Cloud Files, OpenStack, OpenS3 (S3 compatible Clouds), Box.net, Zimbra Briefcase, Mezeo, CloudMe, DropBox, Live Mesh 2011, Azure Blob Storage, GMail, Email-as-a-Cloud, WebDav and FTP Clouds.
– Ability to take and sync text and voice memos back to your chosen default cloud
– Ability to sync files from the Cloud to the local Phone file system
– Ability to work with local offline files
– Ability to share Cloud File over email and obtain URL’s and also to be able to add files to the Cloud Clipboard and share these files over multiple links in one email.
– Ability to create Business Groups for content sharing. Share a file with the Group and all Group members will receive the file. Update a file and all group members receive an update
– Sync Pictures with your local Photos
– Ability to view Cloud Files using Google Viewer
– Ability to edit Office files on the Cloud using Zoho Office
There are many other features many of which you will know if you have used SMEStorage previously.
We’ll post a video at some point but for now please find some screenshots below:by
The latest version of the iSMEStorage Cloud File Manager for iPhone / iPad is now in the App Store. There are a host of new features including a re-designed workflow for easier Cloud Files (and local flies) interactions, a new PDF component that supports large PDF files, and support for OpenStack and Google Sites Clouds.
The below presentation showcases the Cloud File Manager for the iPad:by
We’ve updated our Mac Cloud Tools to version 1.14. The Mac Cloud Tools work with your SMEStorage Account to enable you to manage the Storage Clouds mapped to your account directly from the Mac desktop either using:
– A network ‘Cloud’ Drive. We integrate with the OpenSource MacFuse to bring the Cloud into your Desktop
– Sync Folder. The Cloud Drive provides a view onto your Cloud data but if you want to keep data in sync from your desktop to (multiple) Clouds then use the Sync folders.
– Spotlight integration. We’ve integrated your Cloud Data with Spotlight so that when you search you also are returned search results that include your Cloud Data.
If you are an existing registered user of the Mac Tools log into the site and download the new version for the “My Cloud Tools” link on the right sidebar.by
Zotero is a firefox plug-in that is an easy to use research tool that aids in gathering, organising, and analysing sources. You can choose to store documents, notes and screenshots that you take directly with Zotero or you can choose to use another WebDav resource.
Of course SMEStorage provides CloudDav, WebDav over any Cloud we support, even if the underlying Cloud does not support WebDav. If you enable CloudDav for your SMEStorage account you can use it with Zotero as follows:by