The new Nokia N8 is a next generation smartphone from Nokia. We’ve had a few requests as to whether we will build a mobile client for it. The answer ? There is no need. The Nokia N8 has an integrated WebDav client built directly into the phone and with our CloudDav implementation we are able to offer WebDav access into many clouds, even if the underlying cloud does not support WebDav (which Google Docs, Amazon S3, RackSpace Cloud Files and DropBox don’t).
To start managing your files directly from your N8 phone with WebDav you need to do the following:
1. Register for a free account for your clouds of choice with SMEStorage.com
2. Purchase the CloudDav add-on. You can do this from the “Purchase add-on’s” link in the sidebar.
3. Now go to your N8 phone and ensure you have a WiFi or data-connection
4. Go to Menu -> Applications -> Office.
5. Go to File Manager-> Options ->Map new Drive
6. Enter ‘SMEStorage’ for the name of the drive to be mapped
7. Enter the SMEStorage WebDav url (https://webdav.storagemadeeasy.com)
8. Select the access point you would like
9. Provider the username and then the password for your SMEStorage account.
10.Now tap the ‘back’ button.
11. You will now see the file listed in the File Manager and you can tap to connect (as long as you have a data connection)
You will now see your file listing for the clouds you have mapped to your SMEStorage Account
Using CloudDav and the N8 WebDav feature in this way, you can not only access files, but copy files, create new files, and delete files from a multitude of storage clouds directly from your phone.