We’ve updated our Mac Cloud Tools to version 1.14. The Mac Cloud Tools work with your SMEStorage Account to enable you to manage the Storage Clouds mapped to your account directly from the Mac desktop either using:
– A network ‘Cloud’ Drive. We integrate with the OpenSource MacFuse to bring the Cloud into your Desktop
– Sync Folder. The Cloud Drive provides a view onto your Cloud data but if you want to keep data in sync from your desktop to (multiple) Clouds then use the Sync folders.
– Spotlight integration. We’ve integrated your Cloud Data with Spotlight so that when you search you also are returned search results that include your Cloud Data.
More information on the Cloud Tools can be found here and the Wiki pages for the Cloud Tools can be found here.
If you are an existing registered user of the Mac Tools log into the site and download the new version for the “My Cloud Tools” link on the right sidebar.
We are really please to announce that we have released the first version of our Mac Cloud Tools.
The cloud tools encompass:
– A virtual Cloud Drive that works within Finder
– A Desktop to Cloud folder sync utility
– Cloud Files integrated into Spotlight indexing
Unlike other silo’d storage provider SMEStorage works as an abstraction layer above over 15 storage clouds and enables users to access and manage files from all the major storage vendors.
The Cloud Tools really bring the Cloud into the Mac desktop enabling users to witch storage cloud providers by simply changing directory, and editing files becomes as easy as double clicking on the file in question from within the Cloud Drive and saving when done. We’ve also integrated file actions into the Mac Finder on right click so that, amongst other things, you can easily get a URL of a file to share, or generate an email with a file link for example.
Our desktop to folder synchronisation tools makes it easy to keep files from different clouds in sync with different desktop folders. Just drop your files into the folder and the sync tool will pick up and ensure they end up on the relevant Cloud.
Lastly, we’ve integrated spotlight to work with all the Clouds mapped to a SMEStorage Account so that when Spotlight indexes the Cloud files are also searched
We’ve rolled out another update to our iPhone / iPad Cloud File Manager, iSMEStorage taking it to version 2.06.
Changes in this update include:
– Added support for Windows Azure Blob Storage
– Added ability to zip local folder structures
– Added ability to cancel uploads, downloads or zips
– Defaulted to Apple video rendering for better video file output when uploading videos to Cloud Storage
– Added ability to download file from URL locally to the iOS device as well as to a Cloud
– Added top things to know about SMEStorage help section
– Added new splash screen for iPhone 4 devices
– Fixed Twitter crash bug when sharing files via Twitter
– Fixed blue screen bug when login failed on iPad
– Fixed Cloud File Manager refresh bug after uploading a file
– Fixed display of iPhone Syncs folder icon
– Display message if Location Services are off when trying to upload photos /videos
We believe we have the most fully features file manager for local and cloud files on the App Store and we will continue to think of innovative ways to improve it, and of course add support for more storage clouds.