You have probably noticed that you have had a new graphic on the menu bar within the file manager for a little while now.
This Filter allows you filter your files or folders in one of three ways:
1. By Alpha Index – the first letter of the file or folder
2. By number – you can specify the number of files you wish to view
3. By String – You can choose a name that we will use to look for in the name of the file or the tag and filter on this.
Why is this useful ? Well sometimes you can have some many files that actually managing them can be quite difficult. We also now use this method when you first click on File Manager to load. If you have over 3000 files you will be told that you have a lot of files and asked whether you would like to filter to speed up the loading process.
You can also choose to filter on just files or on backups or groups individually or against all of this together.
We know of some users who have over 30,000 S3 files and so cannot display them all at once and need to be able to filter to be able to display an files at all. Of course the filter works across all the cloud storage providers we support which includes Amazon S3, Mosso Cloud Files, Box.Net, Gmail-as-a-cloud, and email-as-a-cloud.
Latest posts by Storage Made Easy (see all)
- How to Secure and Simplify End User Access to Amazon S3 Object Storage for Remote Workers - February 10, 2021
- The File Fabric is now supported by Rclone 1.54 release - February 4, 2021