The new Nokia N8 is a next generation smartphone from Nokia. We’ve had a few requests as to whether we will build a mobile client for it. The answer ? There is no need. The Nokia N8 has an integrated WebDav client built directly into the phone and with our CloudDav implementation we are able to offer WebDav access into many clouds, even if the underlying cloud does not support WebDav (which Google Docs, Amazon S3, RackSpace Cloud Files and DropBox don’t).
To start managing your files directly from your N8 phone with WebDav you need to do the following:
1. Register for a free account for your clouds of choice with SMEStorage.com
2. Purchase the CloudDav add-on. You can do this from the “Purchase add-on’s” link in the sidebar.
3. Now go to your N8 phone and ensure you have a WiFi or data-connection
4. Go to Menu -> Applications -> Office.
6. Enter ‘SMEStorage’ for the name of the drive to be mapped
7. Enter the SMEStorage WebDav url (https://webdav.storagemadeeasy.com)
8. Select the access point you would like
9. Provider the username and then the password for your SMEStorage account.
10.Now tap the ‘back’ button.
Using CloudDav and the N8 WebDav feature in this way, you can not only access files, but copy files, create new files, and delete files from a multitude of storage clouds directly from your phone.by
Latest posts by Storage Made Easy (see all)
- How to Secure and Simplify End User Access to Amazon S3 Object Storage for Remote Workers - February 10, 2021
- The File Fabric is now supported by Rclone 1.54 release - February 4, 2021