We recently announced a new release of the Enterprise File Fabric. Probably one of the most exhaustive updates so far. Focusing on pandemic related feature enhancements on remote working and cybersecurity, and providing a powerful combination of privacy and collaboration that works with a company’s existing file and object data sets.
Highlights of the new release include:
Strengthened Remote Working and Collaboration Capabilities:
- With more companies having remote employees, the File Fabric’s SMB connector has been updated enabling SMB shares to no longer be restricted by boundaries of the office, facilitating cloud-like working with SMB shares without the need for VPN or VDI. The same technology works with Cloud based file systems such as Amazon FSx or Azure files.
- Additionally a new feature of the File Fabric, called Jibe, has been introduced. Jibe is a service that is able to monitor data that is added to a company’s file or object data estates directly. Read our recent blog on Jibe.
- The File Fabric has also been integrated with Microsoft Teams to provide easy in-situ access through Teams for companies that have adopted this tool for remote working and collaboration.
- SiteLink, the File Fabric’s Remote Office Branch Office (ROBO) multi-site capabilities have been updated to support multi-site file locking and file transfer acceleration between nodes using our unique M-Stream® File Transfer acceleration feature.
Strengthened Media Capabilities:
- M-Stream®, the File Fabric’s file transfer acceleration technology, has been enhanced and certified with more file and object providers to offer a fast productivity enhancing experience for remote workers with limited consumer broadband speeds.
- A brand new, tile-based ‘gallery view’ is now supported in the Web File Manager, inclusive of pan and zoom features, which provides a better experience for photo file assets.
- The File Fabric now provides on-demand transcoding between a range of video file formats for customers using the File Fabric’s media and entertainment module.
Improved Data Compliance and DLP Capabilities:
- The File Fabric’s Content Discovery module, which provides smart discovery of PHI / PII data, has been extended to include pre-defined template policies for CCPA and FINRA.
- As with every release, the File Fabric’s indexing and API performance has been vastly improved enabling file and object estates with billions of files to be accessed and managed from the File Fabric.
- Storage Made Easy was one of the official Backblaze connector launch partners . The new release supports B2 Cloud Storage as a destination for S3 compatible workflows.
- As Amazon have rolled out new Amazon S3 Regions, these have been added as supported regions to the File Fabric’s S3 Connector.
You can watch some of the new features in action in this video:
If you want to know more details about the release, you can check out our release notes, schedule a demo, or get in touch with our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Mariado Martinez (see all)
- Offering European Enterprises Flexible Scaling and the Highest GDPR Data Security: Storage Made Easy joins the circle partner program of Open Telekom Cloud, the public cloud solution of Deutsche Telekom AG. - April 4, 2022
- Enterprise File Fabric for Media and Entertainment: Latest Updates - March 30, 2022