The SMEStorage platform now supports Google Mail for Cloud Storage. What does this mean ? It means that when you establish a Google email account and pair it with SMEStorage you can use the Google email account for file storage and data access via the SMEStorage platform.
All files stored will be able to be used with the SMEStorage Windows File Manager, iPhone, iGoogle, Facebook etc, and can be integrated with Microsoft Office, Open Office, Zoho Office, iPaper, and Picnik for imaging editing etc.
As we provide a consolidation layer and API on top of cloud storage platform, this means you can do some really cool stuff like import your Amazon S3 files to Google, or export your Google emails and files to Amazon S3. As we also support AOL XDrive, you can also import your AOL XDrive files to Google.
Here is how to start:
1. First Establish a Google Account
2. Next Register for a new SMEStorage Account. Make sure that your register for the GMail package. Once you have validated your account, login and enter your Google details. If you have existing emails and file attachments in your account these will be imported. It can be a good idea to start a separate Google Email account for your stored files if you want to use Google email as your cloud storage
3. Next Enter your Google Details.
These details will be checked and then you will have the option to save the details. If you choose to save them they will be encrypted and saved. If you choose not to save them you will have to enter them every time you access your SMEStorage account.
Once you click continue you may have to wait a while if you have a lot of files / email as SMEStorage syncs with GMail. If this is a new GMail account you have just created then this step will be quick.
That’s it ! You can now upload files to Gmail via SMEStorage. All your files will be stored in GMail and accessible also via the GMail platform.
Latest posts by Storage Made Easy (see all)
- How to Secure and Simplify End User Access to Amazon S3 Object Storage for Remote Workers - February 10, 2021
- The File Fabric is now supported by Rclone 1.54 release - February 4, 2021