We have done a major update of our Web File Manager today. You may have used our File Manager beta over the last few months. This File Manager has gone live and there are shot of new features that business and individual users can take advantage of. The include:
1. Simplified Layout: The whole File Manager has been simplified. Now the two panes of how files are shown works just as it does not the desktop with files being shown in both panes. Also the menu bar has been vastly simplified to concentrate on the options that are used the most, such as sharing, folder creation, and upload.
Also all file and folders function has been consolidated on a right click. Right clicking on a file brings up the options for the file, the same with folders:
2. Improvements in Links sharing and link expiry: We always supported password protecting files on upload via file encryption and link expiry on email generation for file sharing but we have extended this for password protecting any shared link generated with link expiration:
3. Improvements in how to copy and move files between different services: This is as easy as shift and click and then dragging and dropping. Refer to the below video for more details.
This works with folders too, you can drag and drop folders between services easily.
4. Improvements when using a tablet: When using a tablet, the File Manager reacts differently and is optimised for touch screens. Selecting multiple files is just a matter of clicking to the left of the file, and a tick will appear to let you know the file is selected. File options can be done by doing a long touch or press on the file as right click is not applicable on tablets.
We hope you like the new look File Manager. We continue to work on it and have some even further optimisations to come soon !by
Latest posts by Storage Made Easy (see all)
- How to Secure and Simplify End User Access to Amazon S3 Object Storage for Remote Workers - February 10, 2021
- The File Fabric is now supported by Rclone 1.54 release - February 4, 2021