We’ve been asked a few times about a Storage Made Easy client for the PlayBook and other new devices such as the Z10, Z30 and Q10 that support OS 10. We thought we’d put the record straight a client already exists ! It’s not on the BB App Store but it can easily downloaded and installed by sideloading it onto the device. Sideloading is basically loading a BlackBerry package App file (BAR file) directly to the device and it is really easily today.
It is really easy to sideload an App to the Playbook, Z10 and Q10 and it can be simply done using a Chrome Plugin called PlayBook App Manager. Once you have installed the App Manager you need to do the following steps:
1. Put your PlayBook (or phone) into developer mode.
2. Launch the PlayBook App Manager Chrome Widget and enter your IP Address. For BB 10 Go to Settings » About » Network » Wi-Fi or USB » IPv4. For PlayBook. Click the dev icon on top panel of main screen. It will display an IP usually in the form of 192.168.*.*
3. Once this is done you can simply choose to manager your device from the resultant screen and download and install the SME Cloud File Manager App for either the PlayBook, Z10 or Q10.
That’s it your done. You now have the SME App running on your OS 10 device.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Ransomware Protection and Recovery with the File Fabric - February 14, 2018
- GDPR Watch – Transparent encryption of data - February 2, 2018