We’re almost done with updating a new version of our Android SMEStorage application that will also feature optimisations for Android Tablets, such as the Galaxy Tab. There are also a whole host of new features including:
– In App Registration
-Enhanced Sync (features now sync on login of all directories mapped to phone for sync and from phone to cloud)
– Enhanced Notes featuring categories and now sync
– Added support for Google Storage and DropBox
– Many other small tweaks and additions
We expect to release this into the Android Marketplace as an update to the existing App on Monday. Users who purchased directly from us will be able to update by navigating to “my cloud add-on’s” from the sidebar link after login.
We’ve updated our SkyDrive Provider to support Windows Live Essentials / Windows Live Sync files. Live Sync files appear as a folder within your “My SkyDrive files” contained within the Virtual Cloud File System on the SMEStorage gateway. This means you can now access your Live Essentials files from Mac and Linux, as well as Android, iPhone/iPad and BlackBerry.
As with accessing the files directly via SkyDrive, the files in this directory are read only and can only be downloaded. Anything in your Live Sync directory is for download only ie. you cannot upload files in this directory via our Gateway.
The reviews of our the recent release of our Android SMEStorage application have been very positive and its been well received by existing and new users of our service.. Below is an external video review of the App’
We’ve put together a short video showing how you can use the SMEStorage Android Application to work with your Zimbra Briefcase files on the move. This is just one mobile client, you can of course choose to use the iPad/iPhone or BlackBerry Client to achieve the same thing. You can also choose to use other clouds that we support either on their own or in conjunction with Zimbra briefcase depending on your package options.
We’ve just added support for a new Cloud Provider, Zimbra briefcase. Zimbra is a groupware collaboration tools that is now owned by VMWARE.
The Briefcase was a new feature in Zimbra 5.0 and it allows users to upload files to the Zimbra Mail Store and then have access to the files anywhere they can access the Zimbra Mail Client.
In adding the Zimbra briefcase as a supported cloud Zimbra users can now get access to their briefcase from our Windows, Mac or Linux tools in which they have a native cloud drive for files access, and also from the iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry or Android mobile devices.
When signing up, you are able to enter your own Zimbra URL so that this solution should work with any hosted Zimbra server.
We’ve just released the SMEStorage Google Android Application to the Android Market place. It offers similar functionality to our iPhone Application. in particular:
– Manage and work with: Google Docs, SkyDrive, Amazon S3, RackSpace Cloud Files, MobileMe, Mezeo Personal Cloud Storage, FTP, WebDav, Box.net, SkyDrive and Live Mesh. If you work with more than one cloud then you can see all your cloud files in one virtual view.
– Sync Files: Directly to and from your phone
– Create Notes: And sync back to your underlying cloud
– Share files: Via Email, Twitter and by getting a TinyURL copied to the Android clipboard
– Collaborate: Manage and create business collaboration groups direct from your phone
– Cloud Sync: Sync the meta data in your underlying clouds so that your file view is always up-to-date
– Change Cloud Providers: If you are working with more than one cloud file on your device then you can change your primary cloud provider direct from the device.
– Local View: Files that are viewed are stored locally and be viewed from a local file manager direct on the device.
– Use Filebox: To email files directly to your device. More on this here
You can find out more on these features and more watching the video overview below:
You can adjust all of your cookie settings by navigating the tabs on the left hand side.
Functional Cookies should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
This website uses:
Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Leadlander to help build intelligence about visits to our blog to provide accurate and better information for our sales teams about site visitors.
Keeping these cookies enabled helps us to improve provide more targeted services and helps us improve our site.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!