We are please to announce support for MobileME, iDisk and any WebDav compliant storage cloud from today. WebDAV is the Distributed Authoring and Versioning extension to the standard HTTP/HTTPS web protocol. It allows a client to browse a remote filesystem, usually with a graphical browser that makes it appear that your files are on your desktop.
This means that anyone who uses these storage clouds with SMEStorage (and remember this does not stop you using them with your normal clients) will get access to our clients:
Web: Rich File Manager, features integration with best of breed web 2.0 vendors and collaboration features
Windows: Virtual Drive, Shell Integration, Sync Features, Dedicated Explorer, Integration with MS Office & Open Office
iPhone: Web based iPhone client in which files can be viewed, shared, collaborated on, and also viewed offline
Facebook: Share your files on Facebook with your friends
iGoogle: Access your files directly from your iGoogle Portal Page.
Amongst ther storage vendors apart from Apple that support WebDav are Bingo Disk, FilesAnywhere, iDrive.
You can also create WebDav compliant folders in Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems and webdav can also be used to access email systems like Microsoft Exchange and also intranet systems such as Sharepoint.
Today we released our Organisational Cloud Package. This is specifically for businesses who want to take advantage of Cloud Storage. The Organisational Cloud package supports Amazon S3, Mosso Cloud Files, Box.net, Email-as-a-Cloud, Private Cloud, and GMail-as-a-Cloud.
Specific features are:
– Mix and Match Cloud Providers and view all your files from all providers in one File System
– Use one or more Cloud Providers between as many users as you prefer. We offer 5 and 10 user packages but ask us if you want more than this.
– Administrator can invite and manage users, decide which clouds are used, is responsible for public organisation folders, and can monitor logs.
– Use your preferred client – Web, Firefox plug-in, Windows Virtual Drive (with explorer, shell and sync tools), iGoogle, iPhone
– Easily Backup or import from different Cloud Providers, which also includes Google Docs and Evernote.
– Integration with Microsoft Office and Open Office
– All Backups can be scheduled to happen in real-time or offline at a specific time each hour,day,week or month.
– Support automated emails backup using POP3 or IMAP with plug-ins available for Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express.
– Encrypt your files at any time using SHA-1 secure encryption. Only you have the private key so your files can be absolutely secure.
– Incorporate your own Private Organisation Cloud using a simple FTP Server. This can be used to access files in the virtual file system or even backup from private to public cloud or vice-versa.
– Web platform offers integrations with Zoho Office (create documents directly in the cloud), Evernote, Google Docs, Picnik (inline image editing), ScribD (view PDF’s and other documents), and Twitter (file share using Twitter or be notified of users sharing files with you)
– Rich Collaboration, document workflow and file sharing features.
– Sophisticated Filter mechanisms to deal with large volume of files