Storage Made Easy now enables Evernote to be used with the Storage Made Easy SaaS, IaaS and on-site Cloud Appliance.
To add Evernote to an Account please follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to the SME Cloud DashBoard and choose to add a new Cloud and choose the Evernote Cloud
2. Authorise SME to interact with the Evernote account.
3. Once this is done SME will start to index files from the Evernote Account.
The sync will show the status as to when completed.
A report is provided that shows the status of each individual item sync’d
4. Once done the Evernote files can be managed using the SME Cloud File Manager
Note that Evernote may impose rate limits against the use of their API. This can result in not all of your data being indexed if your account is large. Where this is the case this will be clearly shown in the sync log and you should, later, run the sync again where files missed will then be added.
Using SME with Evernote Restrictions:
– Files can be uploaded only to the Note.
– It is not possible to remove Notebooks.
– It is not possible to create folder in the Note.
- – Each Note have a file ‘index.html’. This file cannot be moved or removed. You can edit it (see http://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/enml.php )
- – When files are uploaded to the Note or removed from the Note then the file ‘index.html’ will be changed.
- – Evernote does not support two files with the same content in the same Note
Users can use Evernote with SME from the SME web, desktop and mobile clients that SME supports.