We’ve rolled out a feature update in the SMEStorage Gateway platform today that enables our individual users and also companies using our Organisation Cloud to bring email data and attachments closer to their storage clouds.
For individuals one of the frustrations of managing data is making sure you have it where you want it, being able to share and the ability store it with other pertinent information. Sometimes email is the right way of doing this, but in many cases it is not.
Organisations have different challenges. Having emails in inboxes appertaining to Marketing, or Hunan Resources, or clients is fine, but it’s easy for this to be ‘lost’ in some users inbox and not available to the whole department. FileBox changes this because it allocates a unique email to each Organisation Folder is created and each user of the Organisation Cloud can send or CC an email to this folder and the email will be stored as a text along with any attachments so that it is instantly stored in the correct place and available to all Organisation users.
The way this works is as follows:
1. Users have an extra setting in their My Account-> Options page which appertains to Filebox
2. The user is given the option of assigning a keyword to the filebox@SMEStorage.com email address so that the end email address become filebox.<keyword>@storagemadeeasy.com.
3. This is your unique address to send or forward an email. All emails that are received to this address that are sent from your registered SMEStorage email address will be added to a folder called “My Filebox”
4. You can choose whether just to store emails or emails and attachments.
5. Within the Filebox folder the subject line of the email will become a folder name and within this will be stored the email, as a text file, and any attachments if this is the configuration you chose.
Organisation Admins get some extra features from the ‘Org Folders’ sidebar options. Here Admins can also choose the keywords for the Organisation Folders they have created so that email information and attachments can be sent directly to this folder. As with the Individual use, the subject line becomes the folder name. In the example below we have four Org folders, two of which are mapped to Amazon S3 and two of which are mapped to Google Docs.
Folders can be mapped to different to storage clouds so ultimately your data will end up storage on the storage cloud of your choice.