We’ve just released the new version of iSMEStorage to the App Store. We put so much effort into it that is has become a major release version rather than the 1.67 version we had previously intended.
The release includes the following features:
– Enhanced Security: The App can now be assigned a PIN over and above the normal login (for security of local files)
– Better local file sharing: Added ability to email local files as file attachments
– Sync from any Cloud: It is now possible to sync any cloud directory (from any of the clouds we support) to your phone. You can do this with as many directories as you wish and can set the sync directory from within the App.
– The first App to offer cut and paste between clouds: We’ve added cut and paste of files between cloud directories and even between different storage clouds used the concept of File and Folder Actions! You can also now use the Cloud Clipboard to store multiple files that you wish to cut and paste in this manner.
– Fully fledged FTP Server: You can now turn iSMEStorage into an FTP Server and batch upload as many files locally as you wish.
– Fully Fledged Local File Manager: We’ve beefed up the local file operations so you can now cut and paste files between directories locally and also added the ability to create and use folders as categories for the Memos and Voice Memos sections of the App.
– Enhanced Text Editor: We’ve beefed up the text editor so it is now full screen and has a word search as many of you requested. We also added the ability to edit any local text file as you wanted and enabled .html .css .xml and any other type of text format file to be edited.
– Google Maps integration: The GEO location of where a file was uploaded and where a file is stored is now integrated with a Google Maps view.
– Enhanced Cloud Support: Added support for DropBox, Zimbra Briefcase and Files Anywhere (Web Advanced Plan required)
– Email to Cloud Support: Added FileBox menu option so that you can easily get to file attachments that you have mailed to your Cloud
– Mark Folders as Favourites: Added support for marking folders as favourites from directly within the App.
– Web Viewer fixed: Amended Web Viewer so that state is kept when browsing in menu.
– Organisation Ready: Added icon for Organisation Folders and Organisation Support for our business users
Apple normally approves within a week so we are hoping that the App will be released around the 20/21st October unless we have to do any amendments as required by Apple.