One of the most requested features from users was to support Google Apps email accounts for file storage as we do with GMail. To that end we have upgraded our base Gmail provider so that it provides support for storing files on Google Apps on email as it also does with normal email accounts.
It’s is very easy to sign up and start using this:
1. Register at SMEStorage
2. When you have registered, login and enter the Gmail account username and password you wish to use
3. Choose whether to save the username and password or enter it each time you use SMEStorage on a session basis.
4. You can now upload files through SMEStorage to Gmail. At this point you can choose to encrypt the files using a private encyrption key that only know (it is not save).
5. You can see these file in SMEStorage with a ‘G’ to designate they are stored on Google
6. If you now click on the file you can download it, get a unique url for it, or, as this is an image file, you can choose to view it, or edit it with Picnik. If the file was an MP3, you chould choose to stream it and listen to it from the browser, or if was an office file you could choose to view or edit it via Zoho online office. You can also decide to make the file a ‘public file’ which will result in the file being able to shared via RSS or Facebook, or you can set workflow rules against the file.
6. If you login to you email account you will see the file
7. If you view the individual email you will see file details. The filename becomes a subject in the email so it makese files easy to locate if you are using GMail search tools.
You can also use other SMEStorage client tools to work with your application including windows tools, a Firefox plug-in, iGoogle and iPhone web applications etc.
Latest posts by Storage Made Easy (see all)
- Media Gallery feature Revision 2 - December 6, 2019
- Lessons Learned From the Biggest Data Breaches in 2019 - November 20, 2019