We’ve released the second of our WordPressPlug-Ins which enables users of different Cloud Storage Providers to make files available for download on a WordPress Blog.
The extension supports all the clouds that are available via the SMEStorage Gateway API which include Amazon S3, RackSpace Cloud Files, Box.net, Microsoft SkyDrive, MobileMe, GMail-as-a-Cloud, Email-as-a-Cloud, FTP-as-a-Cloud, and any WebDav compatible storage Cloud.
To enable your files to be shared on the WordPress Blog you need to make the files public within SMEStorage:
1. Use the SMEStorage File Manager to navigate to select files to make public. Please read this blog post for more information on how to do this. Files set to be public can then be made available from the Plug-In.
2. Login in to WP-Admin. At the bottom of your dasboard on the right hand side you will a ‘SMEStorage Public Files option’. Click on this. Here you can enter your SMEStorage username and how you want the files to be selected for display i.e. via tags you have assigned to them or * for all public files.
3. Now go to Appearance-Widgets and choose where you want the widget displaying your files to be.
The Plug-In was developed using the SMEStorage multi-cloud API.
The Plug-In is available for download from the WordPress extensions site.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Object Storage Infographic: Fact V Fiction - March 9, 2017
- 3 Ways to start your Data Governance in 2017 (InfoGraphic) - January 10, 2017